Saturday 7 April 2012

Lego Cake 2


This is the birthday party cake for the young man who recently turned 11 :)

This is the Lego man. ..In pieces :) I was so excited to build a Lego man, what a challenge! I decided to do a combination of cake and rice krispie treats, because I thought cake would be too heavy and too difficult to get the right shapes with just cake. His arms, head and legs were all made from rice krispies, covered with icing and then fondant. His body shape I made out of chocolate cake with fondant.







For the bulk of the cake I thought it would be a good idea to make individual cakes for each child attending the party. Each one got his/her own Lego brick, with the choice of chocolate or vanilla. :P I made the tops of the  Lego pieces by covered tiny marshmallows covered in fondant.


 Here is the finished cake. I made a black icing to add the details, and again I made a mat for him to sit on.

I am so happy with how this cake turned out. It was a very good learning experience, and I really look forward to all future 3D cake projects! :)



Upon delivery I got the chance to meet the birthday boy and see just how much he loved his Lego man cake. His reaction was worth absolutely every single minute spent working on this. Happy birthday little man! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment