Sunday 20 November 2011

Poker Cakes

 I was asked to make C-cakes for two poker night events. My original idea was to make fondant pieces of all the suits in a deck of cards. I drew out some sketches of how i thought they should look and then got to work putting things together. I searched and searched and SEARCHED for tiny cutters in these four shapes. I found 3" cutters were too big, and the only small ones i found had to be ordered online and I certainly didn't have time for that. So i decided to make my own...but how? I was almost at a loss when one day at lunch i was looking at a tiny coke can on the table next to me and it came to me..  aha So i asked the lady for her can and this is what i came up with:


I am so pleased with the way they turned out!! For this first order I made 4 dozen mini chocolate c-cakes with small fondant toppers, and butter cream icing :)
See Poker Cakes II

No comments:

Post a Comment