Friday 6 January 2012

Gingerbread house competition @ MSH

box contents


extras












Every year at the hospital there is a gingerbread house competition for the christmas party. Guess who decided to join in? :)
The rule is: you must use everything that comes in the box. You can add extras, but everything has to be used on the house that comes with the house.





 Lets get to work.
I went with the theme of hospital expansion. So I made a construction zone, I made some extra pieces, and i tried to replicate the front of the hospital with candy :)


 This is my house :)
I used all the necessary components and added some things :)
I'm really proud of how this turned out, Ive never made a Gbread house before and I like what happened :)


I used: Oreos, hersheys gold bricks, blue lego candy, blue jelly belly, white chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate disks(white, red, and milk), homemade gingerbread pieces, peppermint snowballs, rock candy swizzle sticks and a little fondant.
I really thought that my house was good..and then i got to work and saw the rest of the houses!!
There is a lot of talent going on at MSH! :)
Sadly, I didnt place.. but I did have a lot of fun with it. Not sure if ill do it next year. I spent a good 10 hours working on this piece...and nobody really eats a Gbread house..it feels like such a waste of stuff doesnt it?

No comments:

Post a Comment