Wednesday 7 December 2011

Strawberry cakes for keri

 I was invited to go wedding dress shopping with my future sister in-law (hehe) and I wanted to make something special for the occasion. I thought strawberry cupcakes would be a nice treat for a group of girls <3 (and its outside my usual vanilla and chocolate)

As a first time go, I mixed in some nesquik strawberry syrup to make these cakes berry flavoured. While they DID taste like strawberry i thought it was a little faint and the syrup made the mix quite watery. Next time I will use strawberries in the cake mix.


The icing is butter cream with strawberry puree mixed into it :) Yuuum!

I also  got myself a heart mold for making decorations. I first made pink chocolate hearts (I actually had Justin make them ) but we used the chocolate candy melts/chocolate disks from bulk barn. I don't know if you've had the..pleasure of tasting said chocolate? but it does NOT taste like any good kind of chocolate, so i scrapped those ones! and decided to use some white lindor chocolate instead. MUCH BETTER!!!





Light fluffy strawberry cupcakes for a bride and her entourage!

No comments:

Post a Comment