Saturday 24 December 2011

Baptism Cake/Fist Cake




 I was asked if I do cakes. I have never done a cake prior to this endevour, and I thought to myself, YES! I can SO do a cake! So I set to work. I drew out a design, did some research for pricing, for laying fondant, and for making flowers. 
I was asked to do just a simple, straight forward cake for the event. Vanilla cake, with white icing, white fondant and white flowers. I chose to add some pink dust to the flowers and pink writing to set the white off.

This was the end result...



My kitchen was a right off and I was totally covered in sugar and icing and it was SO worth it! I am very proud of myself for getting it done. I think it turned out rather well, and the lady who requested it seemed to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment