Monday 6 May 2013

3D Thomas Cake!

 I am over the moon with the way this cake turned out!! It took a LOT of hours and it was a lot of fun!!

Last year I made a Thomas cake for the same little guy but it was 2D so when I was asked to do another one this year I decided to step it up a little :) Originally I was thinking about picking up a 3D train cake tray from the bulk barn but I held up the tray to the biggest cake board and the mould was much to big! I would not have been able to fit the Annie & Clarabel (A must!!! as requested by Noah) So I eyeballed it and made layers on layers of cake to get the shapes right!

 I was told that Noah (the birthday boy) went around telling his guests that 'Molly made it'  Heheh that makes me so happy!! (NOTE* we've never met!!) lol

I'm so very proud of this cake <3 Can't wait to see what we do next year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment