Saturday 25 February 2012

Red Velvet Trial 1

 Ok so.. I have a confession. ...I've never really tried red velvet cake.. sigh. I mean, I did have a slice of red velvet cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory, but that's mostly cheesecake so I can't count it.

Now. I've been asked to make red velvet cupcakes for March, so I better get crackin with some trial and error.
I found this recipe, I think on allrecipes.com, and tried it out.
 Looks nice and red. Promising. (Again, I've never had it sooo...not really sure what to expect.)






Here they are!! naked and then frosted with cream cheese icing :) they looked so pretty...not sure that the red part really came through as much as it should have though.



Over all I found them dry and they didn't really taste like anything..
I've found a new recipe now, and am getting ready to try it out again.
To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment